Thursday, August 03, 2017

Disability Asia Conference - Met Two huge source of Inspiration

Last week , I went to Disability Asia conference to showcase our AI solutions. In this article, I am not going to talk about any AI technologies but talk about 2 huge source of inspirations that I met during the Disability Asia conference. Disability Asia conference is been conducted on 27-28th of July. This conference has been run by SpringBoard consulting in collaboration with Accenture. I was fortunate to showcase some of our AI based solution including Drishti to the audience. Audience loved our AI based solution. During showcase and meeting with various like-minded people, I came across two huge source of inspiration.

Deepa Malik
It was exciting to meet like-minded people in the conference. During the conference, I also heard the story of Nation icon Deepa malik. She is the first Indian woman to win a medal in Paralympic Games. She is Padma shri and Arjun Award winner. Huge source of inspiration. After meeting Deepa, All I can say is Adversity causes some to break, and some to break records.
Got a chance to meet some of the players of Indian Blind cricket team. This team has won 2 T-20 World cups, 1 40 over world cup and Asia cup as well. This team unfortunately is not been funded by BCCI but by Cricket Association for the Blind in India (CABI).
This team has brought so much accolades but they are not been supported advertised by any of the companies. Team was very cheerful and passionate about cricket. Being Passionate of cricket since my childhood days, I got to chance to understand little more about blind cricket with them on various levels like B1, B2 and B3 which are various categories of blindness. 
Both Deepa and Indian blind cricket team are a huge source of inspiration. I salute their passion and commitment for excelling in life.

No comments: